Source: Pakistan Blogzine
Related posts: Sipah-e-Sahaba’s attacks on Sunni Barelvis
Sipah-e-Sahab Pakistan (SSP, currently camouflaged as Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat ASWJ) is a banned extremist organization. Comprising Takfiri Deobandi assets of Pakistan army, the SSP-ASWJ represents a tiny minority of the Deobandi sub-sect of Sunni Islam, and per se does not represent the majority of Sunni Barelvi, Deobandi or Salafi Muslims.
Sunni Muslims in Pakistan are divided into three main sects or sub-sects: Barelvis (70%), Deobandi (25%) and Ahl-e-Hadith (5%).
During the CIA-Saudi sponsored Jihad against the Soviet-backed regime in Afghanistan (1979-87), Pakistan army (ISI in particular) recruited and brainwashed thousands of Deobandi Muslims, most of them from Deobandi madarasahs (seminaries) in Pakistan and Afghanistan, to deploy cheap mercenaries in the so called Jihad in Afghanistan.
There were two types of Takfiri Deobandi Jihadis produced by Pakistan army: Internal and External.
The Internal Jihadis were tasked to attack all those individuals and groups (political parties, religious sects, rights groups etc) who could cause an obstruction in the way of Pakistan army’s international Jihadist agenda. Within Pakistan, the internal jihadis focused on killing leaders of progressive political parties (e.g., ANP, PPP, other progressive intellectuals etc) as well as religious sects opposed to radical Deobandi-Wahhabi agenda. Shias, Sunni Barelvis, Ahmadis and Christians were particularly targeted by the brainwashed Jihadist Deobandis.
The External Jihadis were tasked to operate in Afghanistan, India, Bosnia, Chechnya and other countries to promote the goal of international Islamic Empire or Caliphate.
In view of the mounting international pressure in the aftermath of the 9/11, General Musharraf declared the extremist Deobandi organization (the internal Jihadi branch) Sipah-e-Sahaba as outlawed in 2002. The organization was banned in 2002 as a terrorist organization under the Anti-Terrorism Act of 1997.
However, while the Sipah-e-Shaba Pakistan (SSP) was apparently banned, the organization was secretly allowed to operate by Pakistan’s military establishment. The organization continued its Jihadi-sectarian activities by simply adopting a new name “Ahle Sunnat Wal Jamaat” (ASWJ).
The adopting of the ASWJ was a cunning move by the Sipah-e-Sahaba leadership because Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal-Jamaat or Jamaat-e-Ahle-Sunnat is a name particularly used by Pakistan’s Sunni Barelvis, moderate Sufi Muslims who constitute a dominant majority of Pakistan’s Sunni Muslims and are strictly opposed to extremist Deobandis’ (SSP) Jihadi-sectarian agenda.
In fact, Jihadi-sectarian militants of Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (which also operates as Lashkar-e-Jhangvi LeJ) have conducted numerous attacks not only on Shias, Ahamdis and Christians but also on Sunni Barelvis in which hundreds of Barelvi Muslims have been killed or injured.
Takfiri Deobandi militants of the SSP-LeJ are pro-Wahhabi and puritanical in their ideological interpretation and practice of Islam and consider Sunni-Barelvi Muslims as polytheists (mushrik) and deviant Muslims. In the last few years, LeJ-SSP-Taliban terrorists have attacked dozens of Sunni Barelvi congregations including attacks on sufi shrines in Islmabad, Karachi, Lahore, Peshawar etc and also attacks on Eid Milad-un-Nabi’s processions and Sunni Barelvi mosques. Numerous Sunni Barelvi leaders have been killed by the LeJ-SSP militants including but not limited to Saleem Qadri, Abbas Qadri, Sarfraz Naeemi and several others.
List of key attacks on Sunni Barelvis by extremist Deobandis of Sipah-e-Sahaba
- 18 May 2001: Sunni Tehreek leader Saleem Qadri was assassinated by the Sipah Sahaba Pakistan(SSP). His successor, Abbas Qadri, charged President Pervez Musharraf’s regime with “patronising terrorists” and “standing between us and the murderers.” (Source). Various Sunni Barelvi outfits alleged that the country’s intelligence agencies were responsible for the killing of Maulana Saleem Qadri. According to these outfits, the agencies were utilising the SSP to trigger sectarian violence among the Shia, Deoband and Sunni Barelwi sects. (Source). When the SSP’s Karachi finance secretary was arrested after the murder of Sunni Tehreek chief Saleem Qadri, he revealed that his organisation received 32 lakh rupees a year from Karachi for the purposes of posting bail, assisting its imprisoned activists and the families of deceased activists. This entire amount was reportedly kept as amanat (safe custody) with one Maulvi Saadur Rehman, head of a religious school in Karachi, and the withdrawals were made through written messages. (Source). Qadri, a high-profile Muslim cleric of the Sunni Barelvi school, was ambushed, apparently by a team of six well-trained assassins riding three motorbikes while he was on his way to Noorani Masjid in Rasheedabad no 7 for the Friday congregation. Qadri and five others were killed on the spot, and three others, including his six-year-old son Bilal Raza, and eight-year-old nephew, Ahmed Raza, were wounded. The dead include Anis Qadri, 23, Mohammed Altaf Junejo, 40 (Qadri’s nephew and brother-in-law), Ibrahim Qadri, 30, van driver Abid Baloch, 30, and police constable, Hafeez Qadri. The corpse of one of the alleged killers, who was later identified as “Arshad alias Polka, an activist of the Sipha-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP)”, was also found in the vicinity of the Qadri killing soon afterwards, who was killed in retaliatory firing by Saleem Qadri’s guards. (Source)
- 19 March 2005: An SSP-LeJ suicide bomber killed 36 at the shrine of Pir Rakhel Shah in Jhal Magsi, Balochistan.
- 27 May 2005: As many as 20 people were killed and 100 were injured on May 27, 2005 when an extremist Deobandi suicide-bomber attacked a gathering at Bari Imam Shrine during the annual festival. According to the police the two men, said to be active members of Sipah-e-Sahaba Pakistan (SSP), were arrested from Thanda Pani and police seized two hand grenades from their custody. The police said that the two men brought the suicide-bomber from Northern Areas and provided him boarding at the house of another member of the SSP in Rawalpindi before sending the attacker to the shrine. http://tribune.com.pk/story/236095/bari-imam-shrine-attack-2005-police-await-suspects-on-judicial-remand-in-another-case/
- 11 April 2006: A grand Sunni Barelvi congregation celebrating the birthday of the Prophet Muhammad on Eid Milad un Nabi was suicide-bombed by an extremist Deobandi. 57 died including almost the entire leadership of the Sunni Tehrik; over 100 were injured. T
- 16 December 2008: Pir Samiullah was killed by extremist Deobandis in Swat, his dead body was exhumed and desecrated.
- 17 January 2009: Pir Rafiullah was killed in Peshawar.
- 18 February 2009: JUP-Noorani’s provincial leader Maulana Iftikhar Ahmed Habibi was killed in Quetta.
- 8 March 2009: Attack on Rahman Baba Shrine by extremist Deobandis
- 12 June 2009: Mufti Sarfraz Ahmed Naeemi was killed by an extremist Deobandi. He was a leading Sunni Islamic cleric from Pakistan well known for his moderate and anti-terrorist views. He was killed in a suicide bombing in Lahore, Pakistan after publicly denouncing the Taliban’s terrorist actions and ideologies. https://lubpak.net/archives/tag/sarfraz-naeemi
- 2 September 2009: Attack on Hamid Saeed Kazmi in Islamabad. He sustained injuries but survived.
- 1 July 2010: The July 2010 Lahore bombings occurred in Lahore, Punjab, Pakistan. Two suicide bombers blew themselves up at the Sufi shrine, Data Durbar Complex. At least 50 people died and 200 others were hurt in the blasts.
- 7 October 2010: 10 people killed, 50 injured in an attack on Abdullah Shah Ghazi shrine in Karachi
- 25 October 2010: 5 killed, several injured in an attack on the shrine of Baba Farid Ganj Shakar in Pakpattan.
- 14 December 2010: Attack on Ghazi Baba shrine in Peshawar, 3 killed. https://lubpak.net/archives/33455
- 3 April 2011: At the annual festival of Sakhi Sarwar Shrine near D.G.Khan, a twin suicide attack left 42 dead and almost a hundred injured. http://www.nytimes.com/2011/04/04/world/asia/04pakistan.html
List of Deobandi and Wahhabi Muslims killed by Sipha-e-Sahaba:
30 May 2004: A senior Deobandi religious scholar and head of Islamic religious school Jamia Binoria, Mufti Nizamuddin Shamzai, was gunned down in his car while leaving his home in Karachi.
17 September 2007: Maulana Hasan Jan was killed in Peshawar.
19 September 2008: A bomb exploded at an Islamic religious school in Quetta killing five people and wounding at least eight. The school was run by Jamiat Ulema-e-Islam of Maulana Fazal-ur-Rehman.
2 October 2010: Dr. Muhammad Farooq Khan, Mardan
Waqt News TV’s political talk-show, Awami Express
(Bardasht—Bardasht—Bardasht) 14 December 2011
Guests: Mufti Muhammad Abid Mubarak (Sunni Barelvi scholar); Aurangzeb Farooqi, head of Sipah-e-Sahaba, Karachi
Ahl-e-Sunnat Wal-Jamat (Sipah-e-Sahaba) is a Deobandi terror outfit hiding behind a Sunni mask, in reality they are an extremist Deobandi outfit, which do not represent Sunni Barelvis nor Deobandis.
Mufti Abid Mubarak (a Sunni Barelvi scholar) said:
(13-18 minute segment)
hum shadeed muzammit kartay hain is qatl o gharat gari ki.
ibtada mein jab aap nay taaruf karaya ahle sunnat wal jamaat kal-adam jamat sipah sahaba. is mein humaray logon Sunni Barelvion ka moqif yeh hai kei hum pur aman log hain, humara naam istemal na kiya jaaye. sipah sahaba kal-adam jamaat hai, is ka ahl-e-sunnat say koi talluq nahin.
ahle sunnat pur aman log hain, woh dehshat gardi mein, qatl o gharat main mulawis nahin hotay hain, yeh sab batain on reocrd hain, bohat say log humrary shaheed huay, kai log pakray gaye, saneha nisthart park mein bohat say logon ka naam aaya, jis kay tanay banay sipah sahaba say miltay hain.
humarayshaheed-e-ahle sunnat akrm rizvi shaheed huway, un kay tanay banay bhi sipah-e-sahaba say miltay hain,
ahle sunnat ka naam aap isetmal na karen, ahle sunnat kay karoron log hain, hum Sunni barevli hain, humara dil dukhta hai, hum krororn sunnion kay dil dukhtay hain, hum aulia kay maan-nay walay hain, yeh dehshat gard humara naam istemal na karen aur nah hamain in kay saath chipkaya jaye.
aap ye naam istemal naa karen, in kay maslak kay lakhon log (deobandi) apnay aap ko sipah sahab ka nahin kehtay. humray mnaslak kay karoron log in kay qatl o gharat kay khilaf hain.
21-25 minute segment
khudkush humla aawar, funding milti hai in ko or in kay (doebandi) madarson ko, sohrab goth mein in kay lgo hain, koi amreeki nahin aaya, na kisi goray nay kia hay, koi robot nahin aaya, yeh inhi kay, sipah sahaba kay log hain jo dehshat gardi kartay hain.
sarfraz naeemi per humla hua, bhakkar ke deobandi madarsay say khudkush hamla aawar aya tha.
abdullah shah ghazi per humla huwa, deobandi madarsay ka talib ilm nikla
aap ungli kay peechay sooraj ko na chupa saktay. hum iss ko aik waqt takt hi bardasht kar saktay hain
barlevi maslak ka sipah-e-sahaba kay intaha pasand dehshat gardon say koi talluq nahin
aaj tak pakistan main jitnay bum dhamakay, dehshat gardi ki karwaiyan huwin, aik bhi ahl-e-sunnat wal-jamat, barlevi madarsay ka talib ilm nahin tha
data darbar per humla, deobandni madarsa. abdullah shah ghazi per humla, deobandi madarsa. sarfraz naeemi per humla, deobandi madarsaay ka banda tha.
28-30 minute segment
ahle-sunnat kay baray senior rahnuma salim qadri shaheed huway, hit kia gaya galion say, un ka guard tha hafiz raza, us nay fire kiay, aik humla aawar mara gaya, un qatilon mein say aik mara gaya, tafteesh huwi, sipha-e-sahaba ka sar garm kar kun tha lasbela ka
saleem qadri ko shaheed karnay walay sipah-e-sahaba kay log thay.
35-37 minute segment
jo log karwaiyan kartay hain, un ko giriftar kyun nahin kia jata. qanoon ki amaldari nahin hay, dehshat gardi mein mulawis log riha ho rahay hain, sufi muhammad jesay 200 logon kay qatil riha ho rahay hain, jo pakray gay hain, un ko sazayen kyun nahin hoteen?
huma ya rasoolallah kehnay walay log hain lekin humara haq nahin hay jo hum say ikhtlaf karta hai un ko goli marain. sipah-e-shaba kay logon ko humara naam nahin istemal karna chahiye. dehshat gardon ka ahle sunnat se koi taaluq nahin.
38-39 minute segment
kuch deobandi madaris hain jo tashaddud, intaha pasandi ki himayat kartay hain, khud kush bambar tayyar kartay hain, sahibzada fazle karim nay national assembly main bhi baat ki hay.
40-47 minute segment
[Anchor: maasoom logon ko kon maar raha hai, hazara shiaon ko kon maar raha hay, karachi mein target killing kon kar raha hayi. khudkush humlay main madarais say jo larkay pakray gay hain un say aap ka koi talluq nahin, punjab main jo karwaiyan ho rahi hain, koi talluq nahin, karachi mein target kiling ho rahi hai ya nahin?
SSP leader: humara koi talluq nahin dehshat gardi ki kisi karwai say.]
Mufti Abid Mubarak: meri rai hay jitnay log mar rahay hain, woh hawa say mar rahay hain, pakistan kay 18 krore awam bay waquf hain, jo dehshat gard hain unka kisi ahle sunnat barlevi madarsay say talluq nahin, woh sipah-e-sahaba kay deobandi madarson say talluq rakhtay hain
sea view kay bum dhamakay main jo log maray gay who kis madarsay kay thay, sipah-e-sahaba kay haami deobandi madarson kay thay.
woh jo deobandi madarsay say talluq sabit ho raha hay woh kyun hay
sea view kay dhumakay main jo khudkush larka mara gaya, us ka baap deobandi madarsay main plumber hai, us nay kaha woh tau madarsay main prhta tha. is tarah kay bohat say dahshat gard hain.
Remembering Maulana Salim Qadri: Allama Syed Irfan Shah Mashadi’s speech
In this speech, Allama Irfan Mashadi clearly identifies Sipah-e-Sahaba, its patrons in Pakistan army (General Musharraf) and Saudi Arabi (Wahhabi financiers) as responsible for the murder of Sunni Barelvi leader Saleem Qadri.
Here are two clips from his speech against extremist Deobandi terrorists of the Sipah-e-Shaba and Jaish-e-Muhammad:
Maulana Sarwat Qadri, leader of Sunni Tehreek, condemns Deobandi terrorists’ attack on Sunni Barelvi mosques and leaders
Allam Abdul Tawab Siddiqi exposed Sipah Sahaba terrorists plans aginst Sunni Barelvis:
علامہ عبدالتواب صدیقی کے تکفیری دیوبندی ٹولے سپاہ صحابہ کے بارے میں اہم انکشافات
Qari Noor-ul-Haq condemns Sipah Sahaba: