It is indeed sad the way Jang has panned out to become a low in content but rich in spice tabloid. A newspaper having nearly 7 decades of existence is a sad reflection of the journalistic virtues that exist in the country. Let’s have a look at the Jang of September 26, 2010.
Some of the headlines are as follows:
- Yousuf Gilani nay zindagi ka sab say bara jua khailnay ka faisla karliya – Wazeer-e-Azam nay Sadar kay khilaf Swiss Hukkaam ko khat na likhnay kee Manzoori karli
- Bhutto, Benazir aur Bugti kee qatil fauj hay – Corruption sub ka haq hay – Wifaqi Wazeer
- Muslim League ka ittihad: Saudi Arab Apna Ailchi Nawaz Sharif kay paas bhej raha hay
- Hukmaranon nay corruption say buhat paisa kamaya, Ab tabdeeli ka waqt aa gaya hay – Chaudhry Shujaat
- PPP ko shikast denay kay liye Sindh kee qaum parast Jamaaton ko muttahid karnay ka faisla
But the most headline is the report by our dearest Ansar Abbasi saying “Swiss Summary par dastakhat kartay hee Gilani ko Tauheen-e-Adalat ka samna hoga. hukoomat gir jaye gee. Aainee Mahireen”. I make it a point to read the constipated thinking of Ansar Abbasi on a regular basis. Not that I am worried that the PPP government will go away but reading his and his gang’s stories tells me what’s the worst one can face. Honestly, his reports are laughable. In this report, he has done the following:
- Called eminent jurists like Justice Saeed uz Zaman Siddiqui and Justice Fakhruddin G Ebrahim.
- Tried to show how impartial these eminent Jurists are. Justice Saeed uz Zaman Siddiqui had led the coup against Justice Sajjad Ali Shah in 1997 and later on he was a presidential candidate for the PML-N. Similarly, Justice Fakhruddin G Ebrahim is for sure a former governor of Sindh during the PPP government in 1989-90 but one must also not forget that his son is a sitting judge of the Sindh High Court. His son Justice Tufail H. Ebrahim can potentially remain in the Sindh High Court till 2020. In a way, Fakhroo bhai, as we all like to call him, is also a human being after all.
- The questions posed to the jurists include:
- Whether PM Gilani will be in contempt of court?
- If in contempt of court, will the President be able to give him amnesty?
The remainder of story is all made up by Ansar Abbasi to give credence to his imaginative and wishful thinking. In a recent program of Capital Talk dated 20th September, 2010, Ansar Abbasi has claimed that he has never given dates for the PPP government to go, but in his columns and programs he has time and again depicted his wishes!
Coming back to today’s Jang, the most important news/statement is the following:
“Man pasand manzar namay paish karnay walay muun kee khayen gay. Buri Khabren phailanay walay yaad rakhayn – khel khatam honay par baadshah aur payday aik dabbay mayn jatay hayn – PM Gilani”. The same can be read in english as “Those creating scenarios of their personal liking will bite dust. Those who spread bad news and rumors must realize that after a game of chess finishes, the King and Pawns all go back to the box!”
Now this is what is called “Sau Sunaar kee, aik lohar kee”.