Apply Article 6 of the Constitution on Dr Shahid Masood, Shaheen Sehbai, Ansar Abbasi, their other accomplices, and owners of Geo TV/ Jang Group.
According to the constitution of Pakistan (Article 6):
6. (1) Any person who abrogates or attempts or conspires to abrogate, subverts or attempts or conspires to subverts the constitution by use of force or show of force or by other unconstitutional means shall be guilty of high treason.
(2) Any person aiding or abetting the acts mentioned in clause (1) shall likewise be guilty of high treason.
(3) Majlis-e-Shoora (Parliament) shall by law provide for the punishment of persons found guilty of high treason.
Honourable Chief Justice:
It is common knowledge that certain agents of anti-democracy establishment in Pakistan, namely Dr Shahid Masood, Shaheen Sehbai, Ansar Abbasi and their other accomplices (Saaleh Zafir, Muhammad Ahmed Noorani etc), as well as owners of Geo TV / Jang Group, are openly conspiring to derail democracy in Pakistan. On more than one occasions in their columns or TV appearances, these persons have openly invited or encouraged the Pakistan Army to take ultra-constitutional measures to either dissolve the parliament or to remove President Asif Ali Zardari from his position as the duly elected constitutional president of Pakistan.
While we understand that the professional leadership of Pakistan Army is committed to its oath and duties as per the constitution of Pakistan, the conspiracies, acts and speeches of these three persons (Shahid Masood, Ansar Abbasi and Shaheen Sehbai) and also of their other accomplices in Geo TV/ Jang Group (and certain other parts of the Pakistani media and politics), tantamount to abetting and aiding in conspiring to abrogate, subvert or attempt or conspire to subvert the constitution by use of force or show of force or by other unconstitutional means.
These three persons and their accomplices, therefore, my lord, are guilty of high treason according to the Article 6 of the constitution of Pakistan.
You are requested to initiate a suo moto acation against the culprits, and award them with an exemplary punishment consistent with the spirit of the constitution of Pakistan.
A citizen of Lahore, Pakistan
- Shaheen Sehbai: https://lubpak.net/archives/634
- Dr Shahid Masood: Watch his TV program, Meray Mutabiq, 15 November 2009, Geo TV.
Related article: NRO, Supreme Court and Dr Shahid Masood’s Naani